TL 9000 REGISTRATIONOverview 概 述 概 要 개 요 Resumen Registration Process Guidance Documents Product Category Selection RMS Fees Using RMS Certified Registrations Benchmark and Performance Data Individual Certification TL 9000 Experts
TL 9000 Registration Process
TL 9000 registration process is fairly simple and straightforward with well-defined stages and tasks. This process can take 6 - 18 months, depending on the size of the organization, maturity of their quality management system, geographic dispersion of its operations, available resources, and product categories to be TL 9000 certified.
The stages to a successful TL 9000 registration are:
- Pre-Registration Preparation
- RMS Registration
- Pre-Audit Activities
- Certificate of TL 9000 Registration
- Learn About TL 9000 – The requirements of TL 9000 are documented in the TL 9000 Requirements Handbook, which consists of 100% of ISO 9001:2015 and 80+ telecom-specific additional requirements. TIA QuEST Forum offers several introductory training classes on TL 9000. Some organizations hire consultants to help them better understand the requirements of TL 9000.
- Select a Certification Body – TIA QuEST Forum requires organizations seeking TL 9000 certification to work with a certification body to define the parameters of their certification early in the process. All the accredited certification bodies are listed on this Web site.
- Define the Scope of Registration – It is critical to establish the organizational scope of TL 9000, such as the product line, division, subsidiary or entire company. It must then determine the products to be included under the scope of this registration. In general, all products - hardware, software and services - involved in a process or activity must be registered.
- Select the Registration Option – The registration options available are Hardware (H), Software (S), and Services (V). An organization can choose all or any combination of the options. This determines the additional TL 9000 specific requirements that apply to the registration. Certain product categories may require a specific registration option.
- Select the Product Categories – Once the registration scope and options are finalized, the applicant can start mapping its products to the TL 9000 product categories. TL 9000 has over a hundred product categories covering hardware, software and services. If the required product category is not available, a formal request can be made for inclusion. For more information on how to establish new product categories.
- Perform a Gap Analysis – The organization undertakes gap analysis and assessment of its organization, operations and processes against the TL 9000 standards. Deficient areas are identified, an action plan is created to close the gaps, plans and processes are put into place, and resources are allocated to align the organization with TL 9000 requirements. The gap analysis can be conducted by internal or external consultants.
- Schedule a TL 9000 Assessment Audit – The action plan will define the amount of time needed to fully conform to TL 9000 requirements. The organization, jointly with the certification body, schedules the initial assessment audit.
Once an organization has confirmed the scope, options and product categories for its TL 9000 registration, it can apply for a TL 9000 registration by creating a profile on the Registration Management System (RMS).
A new account is created and populated with information on the user, company, personnel and registration. RMS registration is free for TIA QuEST Forum members but non-members are required to pay an annual fee.
Click here to create a new account in a new window.
- Close Gaps and Report TL 9000 Measurements – Progress is evaluated through internal audits and management reviews. All gaps must be resolved and completely closed before the organization is deemed fully conforming with TL 9000. Three consecutive months of TL 9000 measurements must be collected and reported to the Measurements Repository System (MRS) as per the scope of registration.
- Certificate of TL 9000 Registration – A certification body must verify that all effective processes are in place, ensure the validity of TL 9000 measurements, and clear all non-conformances. Then, the certification body can approve the application online and mark the registration records as certified, which are now available for public view. The organization is formally recognized as a certified TL 9000 registered organization and receives a Certificate of TL 9000 Registration.
- Submission of TL 9000 Measurements – All certified TL 9000 registered organizations are required to submit TL 9000 data pertaining to their products. Data submissions can be made online via a user interface, uploading a data template file, or through machine to machine transmission on a monthly basis.
- Please consult the TL 9000 Data Submissions document for information on the three different methods available for submitting data.
Continuing Audits and Maintenance
Regularly scheduled continuing audits of TL 9000 registrations are required for surveillance and three-year re-assessments as per standard ISO/IAF guidelines. A certification body authenticates the organization's documented system for measurement collection, validation and reporting, and ensures that the TL 9000 measurements are used systemically by the organization. The certification body also verifies that measurements are reported to the Measurement Repository System (MRS), in full accordance with the TL 9000 requirements.